Centre Lambahoany and Project Lambahoany
Centre Lambahoany is run by the Malagasy organisation Coopération MarGas pour le Développement Madagasikara (CMGDM).
Basis for CMGDM’s philosophy is that the project belongs to and is carried out by the local population. They contribute with locally available materials and their workforce. CMGDM only supplies that which is not available locally: special building materials, technical assistance, training and education, access to publicity, communications and marketing. The results of the project are owned by the local population, who – by identifying with their project – assure its continuity, even after the end of outside interventions.
Together with the rural organisations RIANALA and TSARAFANIRY the Project Lambahoany is executed.
Project Lambahoany has the following objectives :
1. Reducing poverty through the creation of additional employment and creation of the conditions for entrepreneurship of the rural population.
2. Improving the efficiency of local agricultural practices and preventing slash-and-burn practices.
3. Protecting biodiversity and nature in Toamasina province.
4. Contributing to the fight against climate change
5. Contributing to the recognition of the local culture in Toamasina province.
- CMGDM is a non-profit institution but does have some profit making activities (the bungalows, the bar, the renting out of meeting rooms at the Centre in town, and the organisation of tourist tours) to ensure the continued existence of the project without donor help. All profits of Centre Lambahoany are destined for the Project Lambahoany in the rural community Fetraomby for poverty reduction and nature conservation.
- Association RIANALA is an organisation of villagers with the goal to develop ecotourism in their rural community Fetraomby
- Federation TSARAFANIRY is an organisation of local committees entrusted with the management of the forest surrounding their villages in the rural community Fetraomby and the surrounding communities (Anivorano-Est, Maroseranana, Ambohimanana and Fanasana).
- Toamasina Tour de ville. Toutes les curiosités
- Autour de Toamasina. Un goût de la campagne
- Palmeraie. L’expérience d’Huile de palme
- Ivoloina Parc. Face-à-face avec des espèces menacées d’extinction
- L’Ile aux Prunes. L’île déserte
- Mahambo. île au trésor
- Pangalanes Canal. La plus longue voie navigable artificiel
- Andasibe. Capital du monde des grenouilles
- L’Ile Ste Marie. Rencontre avec les baleines