Centre Lambahoany also serves the urban population of Tamatave. The Centre hosts, organises and facilitates a range of activities contributing towards the cultural and social-economic development of different urban groups, including women and youth. Either the activities are organised by the Centre or the Centre provides the facilities to third parties and partners.
Tamatave lacks such facilities. Many local organisations cannot afford the available commercial venues and facilities and other facilities are simply not available. The Centre will soon have improved its infrastructure for such events. The main building, a stage and the lawn are already in use. A training centre and a hall for sports, performances and other events are planned.
- The following activities regularly take place at Centre Lambahoany.
- Poekoelan and self-defence courses for women, youth and men.
- Beginners’ courses in meditation.
- Capoeira training sessions.
- English conservation class.
- Traditional music and dance performances.
An impression of cultural events at our centre: